– Orientation of buildings to breezes (Top End)
– Orientation to maximise sun shading of walls
– Selection of appropriate building materials and construction systems
– Detailing of insulation and vapour barriers
– Sealing of gaps, windows, doors openings
– Use of BMS to manage temperature & heat loads
– Les Platt was Project Architect on the following buildings which were the first to achieve accreditation in the Northern Territory.
– Arnhemica House, Parap – a two storey office building which has achieved a five star NABERS rating.
• 100% commitment to the Northern Territory
• 38 + years experience delivering a broad range of medium to large projects throughout the NT including Education, Health, Housing, Secure Facilities, Laboratories, Offices, Defence, Industrial, Commercial Fit-outs
• Experience in all regions of the NT – Alice Springs, Tennant Creek, Katherine and Darwin
• Extensive experience in the delivery of remote Indigenous Community projects
• Delivering projects from inception, including Master Planning and Strategic Facility Plan, to completion within budget
• Accurate and complete documentation
• Responsive to, and work closely with, our Clients
• Stability – our staff are permanent NT people who will be here for the duration of your project.
A high level of design skills have resulted in Platt Consultants receiving several Industry Awards.
• RAIA NT Chapter 1994 Institutional Award Commendation: Red Cross Homes – Katherine
• RAIA NT Chapter 1994 Institutional Award: Alice Springs Prison Stage 1: Minimum Security Cottages & Reception Building
• RAIA NT Chapter 1996 JG Knight Heritage Award: The Residency Alice Springs (in association with McDougall + Vines)
• RAIA NT Chapter 1998 Institutional Award Commendation: APIN Package 72 1st BASB Transport & Maintenance Company
• RAIA NT Chapter 1998 Institutional Award: Medium Security Wing Darwin Correctional Centre
• RAIA NT Chapter 1999 Commercial Award: Whitfield Street Office
• RAIA NT Chapter 2003 Institutional Award Commendation: Gillen Seniors Village Alice Springs
• RAIA NT Chapter 2006 Interior Award: Territory Insurance Office: Fit out Palmerston Branch
• RAIA NT Chapter 2006 Public Buildings Award Commendation: Arafura Timor Research Facility RAIA NT Chapter 2009 Sustainable Architecture Commendation Ben Hammond Office
• Territory Construction 2005 Awards Commercial Construction over $3m Award: Arafura Timor Research Facility
• Territory Construction 2005 Awards President’s Award: Arafura Timor Research Facility