Platt Architects were appointed Architectural Consultants for this project. Initially Platt Architects assisted Anglicare to select an appropriate space to lease.
Extensive consultation was undertaken with Headspace, the user group and the young cliental (both in Katherine) to develop a design that embraced their requirements and aspirations.
Design Workshops were held with representatives of the cliental (in Katherine) and this consultation was instrumental in developing the final plan as their thoughts were contrary to our initial planning model.
Particular attention was given to the acoustic design of the consultation rooms to allow for privacy while also creating warm friendly and welcoming spaces.
The design includes the provision of the following facilities:
> Reception / Youth Zone including waiting and kitchenette area
> Consultation rooms (Family + Therapy+ GP)
> Activity room
> CM Office + Staff open plan work area
> Staff facilities and kitchenette
Particular attention was given to:
> Integrating the Headspace branding, and
> Ensuring the security of both staff and clients
– Orientation of buildings to breezes (Top End)
– Orientation to maximise sun shading of walls
– Selection of appropriate building materials and construction systems
– Detailing of insulation and vapour barriers
– Sealing of gaps, windows, doors openings
– Use of BMS to manage temperature & heat loads
– Les Platt was Project Architect on the following buildings which were the first to achieve accreditation in the Northern Territory.
– Arnhemica House, Parap – a two storey office building which has achieved a five star NABERS rating.